I'm late to reporting the news as I've been talking it over with friends the last few days even friends who don't watch the Star Wars series are well aware and curious of the acquisition.
It's interesting to me. When Disney began buying up certain franchises and production companies like Prince of Persia and made films like John Carter, I was optimistic but skeptical knowing that Disney is a company that has mostly centered their Disney name around the children's genre. Seeing Disney make PG-13 films was interesting to me and I've been impressed.
While John Carter didn't live up to the hype created by the massive advertising campaign, the movie was still stellar and I patiently await a sequel.
I grew up with the Star Wars series, watching the first three as a child and later catching up with the last three made. I've always been interested in seeing a new trilogy which follows Luke and the gang or follows a new group of characters in the same universe, no pun intended.
George Lucas has said multiple times that he is satisfied with the series how it is even earlier this year making that case. However, with Disney's acquisition, a new set of three additional movies has been set to be released after the year 2015.
Disney acquired Marvel Comics a short while ago and I was highly upset upon hearing of the acquisition knowing what sort of company Disney is. However, since Disney's purchase, the Marvel movies haven't been too bad. If those were done under the direction of Disney, I have to say that I am impressed even more so impressed than I was before their purchase.
I look forward to reading more about this and getting to final see the next movies to follow.
What are your thoughts on this? Are you a fan of LucasFilm movies? What do you think of Disney as a company?
- ► 2016 (33)
- ► 2015 (25)
- ► 2014 (57)
- ► 2013 (166)
- Disney Buys LucasFilm for $4 Billion
- Internet Explorer on Xbox Live
- Restricting Facebook Friends from Viewing your Act...
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Some Great Ways to Promote your Website/Blog
- Why History is so Prevalent in Gaming
- Windows 8 Launched Today
- Nintendo sues PETA
- 5 Reasons Why 'Steam' Works
- Thank You!! Yes, You!
- New Xbox Update
- 'Fixing' Something that isn't Broke - New Xbox Update
- The Recent Decline of Quality
- The Amazon AppStore
- Update on Massive Spam E-Mails
- Minecraft Update!
- Los Angeles to Get 4G LTE on Sprint!
- Why We Need Downloadable Content (aka DLC)
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - It’s Bubbly Tim...
- Humor #1 Grandpa Computer
- New YouTube Interface October 2012
- Why PETA Shouldn't Make Games
- The Facebook "Promote" Button
- Internet Bookmarks
- Google AdSense for Feeds is Closing
- My Spambox
- The Mass of Psychological Video Games
- New Author!
- Question about Spam in Your E-mail Boxes
- ▼ October (29)