Regardless, it is important to follow up and review these to know your rights as a user and member of any of these online services.
Below is a full copy and paste of the e-mail minus all of the extra stuff that talks about eBay as a business. The X's after "dear" are where my name was but has been removed to keep my anonymity.
eBay User Agreement
Key updates to the eBay User Agreement:
- Provisions regarding use of eBay's mobile applications. To cover the growing popularity and use of eBay's mobile applications and to provide for possible new ways we may display the terms and conditions applicable to them in the future, we added references to these applications throughout.
- Updates relating to eBay's contacts with members. We updated provisions of the User Agreement to provide further clarity regarding the purposes for and circumstances under which eBay or its service providers may contact members using autodialed or prerecorded voice message calls and/or text messages and the circumstances under which eBay may share members' contact information with members of the eBay corporate family or other parties.
- Updates to the Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability and Listing Conditions provisions. We updated the Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability provisions to recognize additional circumstances or occurrences where eBay's liability is limited, including for decisions by eBay to end or remove listings, and disclaim warranties with any pricing, shipping or other guidance eBay provides in its sites, services, applications, or tools. The Listing Conditions provision has also been updated to specifically recognize eBay's right to end listings.
- Updates to the provisions governing how disputes between eBay and users are resolved. The updated User Agreement includes updates to the Legal Disputes provision, mostly to the Agreement to Arbitrate, including updates pertaining to the scope of these provisions and who has authority to resolve disputes relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of the User Agreement or the Agreement to Arbitrate, among others. Also, we added a link to a printable form new members may use to opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate provision.
- Updates to the Buyer Protection provision. We updated the provision to reflect our ability to remove funds from a seller's PayPal account in a currency other than the currency of the transaction at issue where the seller does not have sufficient funds available in the transaction currency.
- Updates to the terms related to international selling. To simplify and improve readability of these terms, we updated them into an International Selling Policy without changing their substance.
- Update to the provisions relating to international users. We updated provisions regarding international users of our sites, application, services and tools to clarify data controller and contracting entity relationships.
- Provisions regarding mobile privacy. We updated language regarding mobile use and access to our sites, applications, services, and tools.
- Provisions relating to children's privacy. To reflect that our sites, applications, services, and tools are not directed at nor do we knowingly collect information regarding children under the age of 13, we updated these provisions.
- Updates relating to the description of our collection and use of personal information. We included updates relating to our collection and use of personal information.
eBay Buyer Protection Policy
- Provisions relating to our disclosure of your personal information. We updated language regarding information sharing within our eBay's corporate family and with corporate affiliates in order to operate joint services and service offerings, such as Bill Me Later.
Key updates to the eBay Buyer Protection Policy:
- Communications between buyers and sellers. We are making changes to allow buyers and sellers to communicate more efficiently about transaction issues. A buyer must first contact a seller via the Resolution Center and wait a reasonable amount of time as specified in the Resolution Center before asking eBay to review and resolve the issue. Communications from buyers for item not received and significantly not as described transactions will be centralized and presented in the Resolution Center to help facilitate an efficient resolution.
- Updates relating to seller's performance ratings. Opened cases will no longer count against a seller's performance rating. Only unresolved eligible cases that are escalated to eBay for a decision may count against a seller's performance rating.
- Provisions relating to PayPal accounts. We have updated the Policy to reflect our ability to remove funds from a seller's PayPal account in a currency other than the currency of the transaction at issue where the seller does not have sufficient funds available in the transaction currency.
Thank you for being a part of the eBay Community.
The eBay Team